Friday, June 3, 2011

My Journal 154

Here is a funny anecdote for you. I told you I was giving up on discussing the events that happen in my life, like my weekend adventures. Yet I have received emails from most of you asking me those specific questions. I guess I feel more comfortable discussing my private life via email, and only with those that ask about it. But I will reconsider my previous decision.

One thing I have noticed is that once I stopped writing about my adventures, you have all been contacting me more frequently. That I enjoy. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in my own BS that I forget to stay in touch, that’s when I am thrilled to hear from you. This thought will also play into my reconsideration of my previous decision.

Do I sound like a lawyer or is it just me?

I was listening to a baseball game yesterday and the old movie BULL DURHAM came to mind. There is a scene where Kevin Costner is stating all the things he loves, like long soft kisses that last for days. So today I decided to list all my loves, but since it is me I will limit this list to things I love to do with a female that I care about.

Things I Love:

Long, private conversations where I can learn about your life, your loves, and you fears.

Holding hands, walking arm in arm, hugging, or other forms of innocent touching.

Dancing.

Watching you laugh.

Reading your reactions to things I do and analyzing what you may be thinking.

Confusing you by hiding what I am thinking and watching you struggle to figure me out.

Memorizing everything about you.

Putting you totally at ease, and watching as you relax.

Watching how you interact with outside stimuli, such as friends that pass by, calls that come in and messages that you receive.

First kisses.

Feeling happy inside when I see you.

Being nervous.

Seeing how you dressed, knowing you would see me, and trying to figure out if you wore it for me.

Asking personal questions to see your reaction.

There are probably more, but this is what came to mind quickly. Now, if you will excuse me for a moment I am going to kick back and reminisce about being out with each of you and remembering those moments.

Ok, I’m back.

I’ve got a LOT on my mind so that short break was nice. Like the old saying goes, “Some shit never dies!”

Lastly, I’ve got a Frank story. If you recall, Frank was the guy I met in Afghanistan. He was Army Special Operations. We were exact opposites except for the fact that we both we brutally honest and direct. So we became friends. He lived in Kemah for the past 15 years, so we were able to keep in touch. He was the one person I completely trusted.

(No offense ladies)

When he started his business, he asked me if I wanted to make a few bucks here and there. So I went buy one weekend to meet some of his guys. Now Frank knew the story about me in Africa. So when one of the guys questioned me as to how I would be able to function when I was weak, sick, or injured; Frank spoke up. He told the guy I was held for over 10 days. The guy looked at me and asked, “Wow, how was that?” Frank gave a reply that ended all conversation and enamored me into the group. He turned to walk back to the house and simply said:

“LOTTA PEOPLE DIED”

Have a SUPER weekend . . . . and think about me once. (Twice would be better)

a-ya  a-s-gi  v-hna-I  ni-hi  a-sv-na-s-di  ~  a-ga-li-ha

No comments:

Post a Comment