Thursday, December 2, 2010

I am a Man

I am a Man

I am a man and I won’t apologize
I am who I am, I am what I am.

I can’t blame my parents for raising me as they did.
They wanted me to be confident.
They pushed me to believe I was better than others.
Because you need to believe that to succeed.

I can’t blame my coaches for showing me what they did.
They wanted me to be a winner.
They pushed me to fight and never give up.
Especially when the prize is so important.

I can’t blame my professors for teaching me what they did.
They wanted me to be able to think.
Not to accept any simple thought, but to push my mind out.
To think of things that others can’t imagine.

I can’t blame the government for what they did.
They wanted me to be powerful and aggressive.
To be able to fight for what is right, and what is true.
To never cower down or be anyone’s pawn.

I can’t blame God for what he did.
He talks to me daily, he shows me the way.
He knows I’m not perfect, and maybe not good.
But he knows that inside is a lot of love to give.

And I can’t blame you for what you did.
You are a woman, innocent and pure
You’re set in your ways and you know what you want.
I can’t blame you for trying to change me.

So this is me, in all my sin and goodness.
I can be what someone wants and I can be a nightmare.
But I do know this, with my feelings for you.
I can be everything or nothing, whatever you chose.

1 comment: