Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Journal 106

Ok, this may not read much like “Journal Material”, but its real life so I figure why not.

Wednesday night I was lying in bed around 1:30 am. I had dozed off about 11:00 and woke a little after midnight. I was thinking about a breakfast dish that a former employee used to make for the office. I remember when she would walk in with it I could smell it down the aisle. And I had to control myself not to sprint to the break room and grab a piece immediately. I had to play it “cool” and casually stroll by after several other employees had already treated themselves. This dish was INCREDIBLE!!!

I seriously considered asking her to marry me just so I could get that sensuous dessert on a regular basis.

What made this ever weirder is that I don’t care for sweets. I will occasionally have a dessert or a doughnut, but not very often. Yet every time she showed up with her dessert I went wild.

Maybe that is what love feels like?

So it was 1:30 and I was craving her dessert. I mean I was so deep into thinking about it that it was almost erotic. My stomach was growling, my mouth was watering and my hands were even beginning to shake. So out I ventured, searching for something to satisfy my craving.

There was no way I was going to get that specific dessert. The employee now lives about 200 miles away and I have no idea what is in the heavenly concoction. So I was searching for a substitute, something to simply appease this wild animal I was turning into at that moment. Now if you have ever had an enormous craving, there is very little that could be a decent substitute. Add to the mix that it is now 2:00 am and NOTHING is open. I was in distress.

I finally gave up and in my simple way decided that Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Whiskey would have to suffice. (By the way, that shit is AWESOME in case someone is contemplating birthday gifts) I had about two shots. But this dessert was still on my mind, and now I was feeling much less apprehensive with my actions. So brazenly I grabbed my phone and started tapping out a message I was to text to the former employee requesting the recipe.

Fortunately, before hitting the send button I came to my senses and realized that it was about 2:30 am and she was probably sound asleep curled up next to her man. I seriously doubted that she would have appreciated her phone going off at that moment just to read that it was little old me begging for a recipe. Additionally, I imagined her man would definitely not have appreciated his woman (who was probably wrapped all over him) getting a text at that hour from a strange man.

Talk about a mood killer!

Anyway, a clearer mind prevailed and I had a bowl of bran cereal . . . . with raisins of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment