Friday, February 4, 2011

My Journal 079

Friday Shout outs!

Lovely Girl – I love you but QUIT BUSTING MY BALLS. J
LL – Get well soon!
Banana-rama – I bet you thought I was going to guess a size  . . . .
Kat – I’ll bring the tequila as a housewarming gift!
Sunshine – I was here, I am here, and I will be here 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
New chick from Russia – Thanks for making me worldwide now!

I heard a comment yesterday that I will discuss today. The comment was made by a woman, just for a point of reference. The comment was, “Women are far more forgiving than men when it comes to cheating.

First and foremost let me make it adamantly clear that I believe cheating is WRONG! I have never cheated on someone to which I made a commitment. And take it from someone that has been accused of cheating on WAY more than one occasion, it is not right and I do not do it. If I care for someone enough to commit to them then it probably means that they are so fabulous that I don’t even notice other women. But if the event ever presented itself, and I was attracted uncontrollably to someone else, I would end the existing relationship prior to taking any actions. PERIOD.

So much for the legal stuff now let’s move on.

I believe that the statement noted above is absolutely wrong. Women are not forgiving at all, regardless of the issue. Whether it’s forgetting to take the trash out, passing gas in the house, or sleeping in the wrong bed; women do not EVER forgive. Now I will say that they are far more accepting of their partner once it is “discussed” (Lord I hate to have talks, but that’s a topic for another day). But again, they never forgive.

When it comes to their partner, the man is VERY forgiving. I say this based on my own personal knowledge, and from hanging out with guys. But before I explain this further I need to explain the difference in the perception of cheating from a man’s viewpoint and from what I understand to be the woman’s viewpoint. Obviously I am not a woman so I can’t say for sure what their viewpoint is, but I am basing this on discussions with women.

The man’s viewpoint on cheating is not emotional. As I pointed out long before in another journal, the man’s viewpoint is territorial. If the female partner in a committed relationship has strayed, the male is not, as a general rule, angry with the partner. To a guy, someone came up and took what was his. It’s like someone stole his car. He’s not mad at the car, he’s mad at the thief. Like I said, it’s a territorial thing.

That may sound cold hearted, but keep in mind that men are wired differently than women. So what may seem cold to a woman is just the wiring in our head. It can’t be changed without a lobotomy. Now, that being said, many males will feel less of a man to a point as well. Again, if someone stole our car we would be mad but also kicking ourselves for not locking it, or parking it in a bad place. It’s the same thing with cheating. Part of the male psyche feels he did something wrong to create the situation. BUT HE NEVER WILL ADMIT THIS TO A FEMALE.

Based on this explanation I hope you can see that very little if any blame lies with the female. So she is obviously forgiven for her part.

Now for the female viewpoint, and once again I stress that this is how it has been explained to me. To women it is definitely an emotional issue. Their man ran off with that whore. He violated the sanctity of their relationship. He found someone else. Oh Lord!!!

Women freak out. But I do believe that a lot of it is an act. Maybe it’s because I can’t imagine being that emotional, or maybe it’s because I sort of believe that they are a wee bit happy to now have something that they can bring up in EVERY argument for eternity. Yes, everything a male does wrong, up to and including cheating, will be stored away for a lifetime of revenge.

I believe that is why they are so accepting. Once they realize that they now possess a lifetime “Oh Yeah” chip then they want the guy to stick around so they can have fun using it. So they will accept him as a fuckin’ loser failure sick bastard, but keep him around for their pleasure. And I don’t mean sexual pleasure. Abusive pleasure is more the plan.

BUT NEVER FORGIVEN!

So when I heard that “Women are far more forgiving than men when it comes to cheating” I smiled.

Now, something new. Last night I guess I realized that being a “One night Stand” guy may not be too bad. I mean if it’s all I have left in life then why not make the best, right. Anyway, that’s what I am thinking. So I have a “hot” date for Saturday night. No romantic crap. No flowers. No holding hands.

I’ll keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment