Monday, February 14, 2011

My Journal 086

Yup, I know what today is. I mentioned it Friday; but maybe again later.

How about a few odds and ends? I didn’t get a single request for the ending to my story. Either my writing skills have diminished, or you ladies were so into your own men that you didn’t need me. I hope you got your chrome polished well.

I had my Bi-annual (every two year) interview with my old friends on Friday. I guess I began to realize that they really don’t care too much about me anymore. My first few interviews were with an army of senior investigators, professional shrinks and armed guards. It sort of made me feel important. But on Friday it was a lady agent right out of college.

She asked the typical questions before I finally asked if she had any idea why she was interviewing me. She looked up at me and said, “Don’t know Pop’s, but I guess you used to be somebody. Now do you mind, I’m in a hurry” How fast we fall, right. They did send me to the shrink again. It was just a lot of Blah, blah, blah. I was completely done in one hour and 37 minutes.

Oh and guess what, I have anger issues. GO FIGURE!!!!

Lovely Girl is still on my list of contacts, so you may get a call for an interview. No one else is.

My sister called me this weekend to tell me she again watched the movie “Varsity Blues” with James Vanderbeek and Paul Walker. When that movie first came out back in the 90’s she called me immediately to tell me it was definitely me and my buddies. She was right; it really is a movie about me and my buddies in High School. Every character is matched to someone from my life back then. So, watch it someday and see if you can figure out who I was.

Now for my weekend update. I had a gun pointed at me Friday. I was able to talk my way out of it. But I really don’t know how I always end up in that position.

LL talked to me Thursday and asked me to meet her Friday. She said if I was real nice that she had a nice friend to introduce me to. But LL never made it to work Friday, and I wasn’t driving all the way to her part of town. So we just decided to try another time.

Then Saturday she sends me this text message. I may have mentioned how much I hate text messages because it is so easy to misunderstand things. Well apparently this is the case. I read her text, and I’ve read it a dozen times since. I responded to the message I thought she was sending . . . and she blew a freakin’ gasket.

The next message I got was to never contact her again. Well, that usually means a week but we will see.

Speaking of hating text messages, I think I’ve told you I much prefer face to face chat. But phone chats are the next best thing. And I got to have a 3 hour chat with Banana-rama this weekend. As we were chatting, I realized that it had been a long time since we spoke on a phone, everything is emails and texts. I do speak to Kat weekly, and Lovely girl calls sometimes, usually when she’s pissed though. I can’t call Sunshine. Oh well, sorry ‘Nana, I’ll try to be better.

I also got to text a few times with Sunshine. We’re still not discussing anything of value yet, just the “How are you” and “What’s up” type of messages. But again, it’s baby steps. Oh, and just to make sure everyone knows, Sunshine DOES NOT reply to emails so please stop bugging me about it.

Now aside from having drinks with LL on Friday, I was also invited to visit my SA friend Saturday. But on Friday she informs me that she can’t meet up with me. So I planned on just getting hammered alone, when I figured why not go anyway. I love SA, it’s my old stomping ground. Plus I could use some excellent Mexican Food. So off I go.

Hours later, I check in with the friend. Low and behold, she has some time. But she has been drinking already and sounds a bit rough. She asks for some candy, and I oblige and go ahead and rent a room. She comes in, hits the candy and I walk down the hall to get some ice. When I return she is completely passed out.

I am a jerk, so I did think about just doing her passed out and limp body. But I guess over the years I’ve become more decent that not. So I covered her with a blanket, picked up my stuff and headed back to Houston. So much for my “wild ass sex” weekend. I’m tellin’ you, this “hooker” thing is looking better and better.

Finally, back to today. I mentioned Friday that all of you need to spend your time with someone special to you today. As for me, I love the concept of today; but I hate the day itself. You see everyone says “Happy Valentine’s Day”, and that is sweet. But in my opinion, it is a day to ask someone to be your Valentine. It should be someone you care about, not just a drinking friend. And for 50 straight years I have not been asked, nor asked anyone.

Hmmm, maybe that’s why I have anger issues.

I did send one card out this year. But, other than this page you won’t hear from me today. Enjoy your day, enjoy your Valentine, and we will chat again starting Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment