Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Journal 164

In the movie “The Great Lil Whore House in Texas” there is a scene where the local politician sings a song about “Doing the side step”. It basically shows how you can sidestep the truth and still claim you are not lying or withholding information.

I simply don’t understand that concept. Why would someone not just say, “Here it is”? Why are people so afraid of telling the truth?

So I ask questions. Not very often, but when it’s important I ask. I believe a real friend will answer. Since I don’t ask often, I figure my real friends realize that when I do ask something it’s big. So they answer. But some simply won’t, don’t or can’t. Does that mean they are not friends or does it mean I put too much faith in them?

Now if I were a “goody two-shoes” or something then I could understand why someone might feel the need to not share something. Maybe they would worry about my reaction or something. But people . .

I AM WORSE THAN ANY OF YOU.

Whatever it is you did, I’ve done worse. I completely understand mistakes, fuck ups, or general devious behavior. I understand weakness, complexities and frustrations. And the screwiest part is that I have the personality and the very unique skill sets that would make me favorable to offer advice or even assist with whatever it is. So I don’t know why I ever get excluded.

It happened this weekend again.

So, I have decided that to understand it I have to live it. So I will follow the song from that goofy movie. I will begin doing the “sidestep” and see what benefits I gain.

Hey, if it’s good for the goose then it’s good for the gander!

No comments:

Post a Comment