Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Journal 165

Has anyone else been paying attention to the weather / disasters? In case you haven’t noticed, other than locust, we are experiencing an awful lot of problems. Is it the end of the world? Personally I don’t buy into the end of the world crap. But at the same time I am fully aware that everything dies, and everything is dying every day.

The event usually referred to by the phrase “end of the world” is described in 2 Peter 3:10: “The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.” This is the culmination of the events referred to in the beginning of that verse as “the day of the Lord,” the time when God will intervene in human history for the purpose of judgment. At that time, all that God has created, “the heavens and the earth” (Genesis 1:1), He will destroy.

The amazing symbolism runs throughout the rest of the book of Revelations and of course it is highly debatable as to what is to be taken literally or symbolically.  Further judgments are released upon the earth in the form of seven trumpets, two witnesses, a dragon (the devil), the beast (the antichrist) and the false prophet, and seven golden bowls.  The judgments passed on to the Earth and its inhabitants include:
  • Plague
  • Earthquakes
  • Hailstorms
  • Fire
  • Famine
  • Meteor storm
  • Lack of drinking water
  • And more
Geez, this sounds really depressing. So to lighten your day I will share what I will be doing from the moment I know that the official “end of the world” has begun. These are in no particular order.

·         I will drink heavily. And it won’t be the cheap stuff either. Heck, I may just walk in to a liquor store and take a bottle of Gentleman Jack. What are they going to do? Arrest me?

·         I will be high! Nuff said.

·         I will walk into a crowded theater and scream FIRE! I don’t know why, I just always wanted to do it.

·         I will grab a pair of scissors and run with them. Take that mom! Heck, I may even run on the deck next to a pool.

·         I will wear my Cowboy boots with my favorite shorts. Personally I think it’s making a fashion statement, just never had the guts to do it before.

·         I will find David Grenier and beat the shit out of him one more time. I just want to see a grown man crying and begging for mercy one more time. And I just don’t like that idiot.

·         I will make everyone call me Raylen. It was one of my aliases in the old days and I really liked that name.

·         I will track down Sunshine and have wild ass, freaky, intense sex with her. Well, that’s assuming that she agrees . . . . otherwise it could be called rape. Again, what are the cops going to do? Arrest me? (I believe that she has a gun so she may shoot me. Oh well, I probably would have burned in hell anyway)

·         I will steal me a rope. Heck, if it’s really the Rapture then souls will be raised up to heaven. I’ll just rope one of the tall ones and hang on.

·         I will steal a Buda City Limit sign. I was busted doing just that in college and it always bugged me that I failed.

·         I will watch the movie “Rocky” one last time. I will probably eat about 10 bags of popcorn too. (Remember, I would be high)

·         I will listen to “Fall in the Light” by Lori Carson and Graham Revell from the soundtrack to movie “Strange Days”. It’s the most romantic song I’ve ever heard.

·         I will walk back onto a football field somewhere. I haven’t done that once since I lost my ability to play. Too depressing I guess.

And finally . . . .

·         I will pray that all of you make it to whatever you think heaven is.

No comments:

Post a Comment