Friday, September 2, 2011

My Journal 171

TGIF! And now for this week’s shout-outs!

Lovelygirl – Thanks for the all the sweet comments about my poem.

Banana-rama – I SERIOUSLY hope that you are right. Shhh, our secret!

Martel – So, are you my Fantasy Football chick or not???

Kat – I know you can’t read this, but I’m thinking about you and when you get out we will party!

Niki-Cole – Hey, it’s perfectly ok to come to Houston also!

HMPOA – So, if I bought you a child’s small jersey would you wear that too? It would be tight, but VERY interesting . . . . . (Hehehehe)

Last night was my Fantasy draft. So for giggles and laughs, here is my projected starting lineup.

QB – Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints

RB – Arian Foster, Houston Texans

RB – Shonn Greene, New York Jets

WR – Steve Johnson, Buffalo Bills

WR – Santonio Holmes, New York Jets

FLEX – Joseph Addai, Indianapolis Colts

TE – Zach Miller, Seattle Seahawks

DEF – Atlanta Falcons

K – Dave Carpenter, Miami Dolphins

Wish me luck!

Is this year just flying by for you also? Gee, it seems like just yesterday I was celebrating Christmas. Yet in a blur it’s now September again. The summer is slipping away. Granted, it’s still 100 + degrees outside, but the end is near.

And I am amazed at how different my world is today, even comparing it to a mere four months ago.

The only saving grace is that as the summer winds down, football kicks in. (Lord I love football) I made most of the games at my alma mater last year and I plan to make a few more this year. I will also be at every Texan game this year. I do love watching football, but I also cherish hanging out at the pool. It’s really almost a wash.

But life is about change. Everything changes sometimes on a daily basis. People walk in and out of your life constantly as well. When they leave, sometimes you are sort of oblivious or sort of happy. But occasionally when someone vanishes it’s sad. It’s kind of like the seasons. I never mind the winter leaving because it’s dark, cold and lonely. But summer . . . . I definitely miss it when it’s gone.

The advantage about watching the seasons pass is that you know about when it will leave, you definitely know when it’s gone, and you know it will be back someday. People are different. You don’t know if or when they will leave. Sometimes they have left and you don’t even know it. And you never know when or if they will ever be back.

I’ve never left someone I care about. Some have left me, but I realize that I am a difficult person to be around for long periods. So I accept it. But I really don’t think people can stop caring about someone they once cared about. And I don’t believe that if you care about someone that you could leave them. So when people do leave my life I just assume that they never really cared. Then I don’t mind that they left. It just takes a while to get there sometimes.

What I do know is that I have some really solid friends today that have been around me for many years. That is a blessing, and I appreciate it and you. And I definitely care for all of you. Ya’ll are definitely the best!

So enjoy the changing of the seasons. Summer will be back!

Until then . . . . Are you ready for some FOOTBALL???

This is a long weekend so make the best of it. Live, laugh, love and tell someone you care about them. Seriously, someone may not know that you care and tomorrow may be too late to share.

Oh, and think about me once or twice this weekend. I will be thinking about you . . . . stepping out of a pool . . . . water dripping down your body . . . . ummmmm . . . . .

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment