Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Journal 194

Here was my horoscope for yesterday.

Aries
The day's planetary formation brings up the question of fantasies. Your past lovers may wonder what went on in that head and heart of yours, which often seemed so detached from the blood and guts of a real relationship. Perhaps your fantasy should be to allow yourself to truly feel. If you play around with this long enough, you may just realize what you have been missing.

I don’t usually read my horoscope for the current day, or even for future days. But I do like to read what was supposed to happen yesterday. Sometimes it’s exactly right, but usually it can be interpreted as correct or it’s just wrong. The odd thing about this one is that the part about how “past lovers may wonder” is dead on.

I have heard from every person I have ever dated that they had no idea what I was thinking or how I felt. That is confusing to me as I usually say exactly what is on my mind. But it has happened so many times that I have to assume that I suck at communicating certain things.

HMPOA told me once that I do say the right things, but my body language and actions say something completely different. I know what I say, but I am not sure what impression my body language or actions may be relaying to people. I am not sure how to address this problem.

As for me, I value the words more than the body language or actions other people display. You can say you absolutely hate me, while you are massaging my hand and smiling. I will interpret that to mean you hate me. But apparently everyone else witnessing the same event would determine that the person either likes me or was simply joking.

One girl I was recently dating picked up on this challenge. So she began telling me exactly what she was thinking, and exactly what she wanted to do. We got along GREAT! Even when the decision was made that we weren’t going to date anymore because of our differences, she just flat out told me. And I was good with that approach.

I remain good friends with that girl to this day.

But a couple of the ladies I have been with lately NEVER say what is on their mind or what they want. So to me it’s just a guessing game. I still do what I want, and ask to do the things I want to do, but I get frustrated with the lack of verbal responsiveness. Eventually I begin to distance myself, and in return they begin to distance themselves. I stop communicating completely and then they stop.

One of those relationships is LONG gone, and the other one is going down like the Titanic.

So, I guess I need to figure out my body language and find ways to improve communication via actions. Also I need to figure out the female body language. That one might be tough. So let me give you a few actual scenarios with which I am currently interpreting and I ask you to critique me.

·          There is a girl I used to date and stopped on good terms. We have a mutual friend that tells me this one girl asks her about me a lot lately. So I asked her to lunch one weekend. She said she couldn’t because she had plans already. I interpret that to mean she is not that interested after all and I have not asked again. Am I right or wrong?

·          There is one girl I dated that while upset once told me she would call me. She hasn’t called. I interpret that to mean she has no interest in hearing from me again so I won’t call her. Am I right or wrong?

·          There is another girl that I dated that asks to see me. When we get together it is fun and “friendly physical”. But each time she gets numerous text messages while we are out, and eventually has to leave to go do something else later in the day or evening. I interpret this to mean I am a fill in guy and she leaves me to go do what she really wants to do. I haven’t seen her since. Am I right or wrong?

A little feedback here please?

No comments:

Post a Comment