Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Journal 062

So, this week I realized I had been having bad thoughts about someone in error. Go figure, I made a mistake. And to make matters worse, the incredible person I had the thoughts about is completely out of touch. Yes, I did send an email confessing and BEGGING for forgiveness.

Wish me luck!

Ok, on to new crap. Last night was one of my “tailgating buddies” birthdays. His wife was taking him to dinner, and wanted all of his friends to show up as a surprise. My first problem was the place. It was a place I had been asked to leave a scant three weeks ago for a “discussion” with the assistant manager. (Long story . . . not now). And my ex was there too.

We get along fine and since we have mutual cohorts we do go to several events together. Last night was similar. Now she dates fairly regularly, but we agreed not to publicize it. And last night she met a guy at this place and went out to have a smoke with him. I have no problem with this as I was hanging with my buddies anyway.

Apparently, the rest of the wives did have a problem with that. Unknown to me they had a chat with her at some point in the evening. Around 10:00 the daughter on one of my buddies asked me if I was ready to leave and if so would I give her a ride to a friend’s house. I agreed since I do get up rather early and my ex had already told me she was going out after dinner and had her own transportation arrangements. So I took the girl to her friends and then went back to the house.

My ex is waiting for me at the door. (Yes, we live in the same house but opposite ends of the house) She starts bitching at me for her friends bitching at her. Suddenly I am the bad guy for something someone else said. I just left.

For the record, it got down to 26 degrees last night. Oh, and I seriously hate the cold. Yes, I could have gotten a hotel room. But being the tight wad that I am I figured I would be in a room for all of about 4 hours to sleep, and it didn’t make sense to pay $80 for 4 hours sleep.

I am experienced at this though. I lived in my car for over 6 months last year. One friend allowed me to shower and do laundry at her place, but I stayed in my car for the evenings. But it was damn cold and I haven’t warmed up yet.

Oh well, life is funny right?

No comments:

Post a Comment