Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Journal 072

Today is one of those GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS days. So first let’s get the bad news out of the way. I think I have now lost TWO good friends. I lost one because I didn’t trust and another because I did.

I have this friend (we’ll call her A). A long time ago she warned me about another friend (we’ll call her B). Now A has a habit of lying, but never about the big stuff. I had just met B and was giving her the benefit of the doubt. I didn’t believe A. A and I fought and argued. A finally decided it wasn’t worth it anymore.

A and I are both Aries, so we COMPLETELY understand each other. We both want to deal with any shit right here and right now. There is NEVER anything left unsaid. And we do get “riled up”. But after about an hour we are both cool again, nothing needs to be said it just happens. And I love always being able to discuss anything.

B is an Aquarius. She avoids confrontations and never will talk about challenges. But to her credit, she never gets angry and never will completely dump someone. But apparently she avoids sharing very important information about her life, which made me look like a total ass.

So A isn’t speaking to me. But get this, in the past few weeks I have found out that A was right all along. What she told me about B was true. So today, I can’t get hold of A to apologize and B won’t talk to me about her part in all of this.

I guess I’ve lost two friends. Ok, now for the good news.

So, last night I finally got my “peeps” together and had a meeting for my new business venture. Before I share this part and have to deal with your ridicule, I need to share my ultimate goal which ties into this venture. The ultimate goal is to own a “wild ass” bar in Costa Rica.

Ok, stop laughing. Cruise ships visit the port in Costa Rica and the nearest bar is over 10 miles away. Land is cheap, liquor is cheaper than here, and the weather fits my “I hate cold” attitude. With the right location we could be guaranteed a packed bar of vacationers 4 days and nights a week. Taking my dream one step farther, I will also own my Huey by then. We’ve already agreed on the name of our bar, “Thongs and Things”. Needless to say, it will be the Hooters of Costa Rica.

(LL . . . you’d better get that fake passport now)

Sun, Palm trees and Tequila; life doesn’t get any better than that.

(Banana-rama . . . you will drink ONE tequila, right?)

I will build me my own “shack” there on the beach with a hammock and fireplace. And since you are my “Special” friends you will always get the VIP treatment when you come to visit including half price drinks, or free drinks if you can beat me in a drinking contest (or agree to stay at my shack afterwards). But all VIP deals are off if you show up with a guy / boyfriend / roommate / fiancee!!!!

(Sunshine . . . . you listening?)

And obviously if you want to move to Costa Rica you will always have a job at my place. You are all built for the required attire J

(Lovelygirl . . . you will have to keep you top on during business hours)

My partners are my buddy T… and my friend K…. Yes, K… is the chick I went out with last week, so what? I didn’t “schtupe” her.

Anyway, I determined that we basically needed a practice run closer to our current homes than Costa Rica. So this is the concept we agreed upon. We haven’t determined what will make our place unique, but the business plan is in the works. And we already have plenty of labor as all of us have kiddos that are of age and unemployed.

Our skills set include a CPA with extensive experience and knowledge of the F&B industry as well as TABC rules and regulations and numerous contacts in the F&B equipment service arena; a businessman that has been writing business plans and securing loans and investors successfully for over 8 years now and can fly helicopters (remember my Huey?); and a chick with a FANTASTIC personality that has big tits and looks great in a dress. Oh, and she has two degrees so she’s no dummy either. And all of us possess the ability to meet and greet people while making them feel like they are the greatest friend we ever had. How could we fail?

As we agreed, step one is to finalize the concept and do some research to come up with some cost figures. Then we will focus on the business plan and securing funding. In the event funding doesn’t happen, we each will contribute our own money to get started. But I definitely prefer gambling with someone else’s money, this is a practice run you know. I’d rather save my cash for Costa Rica.

And remember, I also know where a little over a million dollars is buried. Shhh!

I’m pushing for an in room hot tub also. But my partners are hesitant.

I’ll keep you informed. But if I ever stop writing, just look for me on the beach in Costa Rica. I’ll be the long haired, tanned, drunk dude with a HUGE wad of cash in his pocket!

And if A reads this, I am so sorry for not believing you . . . . please call me.

And if B reads this, I’m always willing to talk . . . . but you will HAVE to call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment