Monday, April 18, 2011

My Journal 118

I had BIG plans for this weekend, and even though it didn’t turn out exactly as I had planned I still managed to achieve most of my goals in one way or another. But first, I have to share something that to me was a “no-brainer”, but apparently is a HUGE thing to one of my friends.

I became interested in someone last year around this time. I wanted to get to know more about them, and be a part of their life, as I have done with the rest of my friends. But last week I realized that one year after I started trying, I now know less about this person than I did back then. It was a big “eye opener” to realize this fact.

Also, you all know my three rules which are like me, make time for me and be honest with me. This person hasn’t done any of the three. So I decided to give up on her. To me it wasn’t that big a deal. I really believe that this one individual doesn’t give a shit. But in a conversation I had last night with Lovely girl she pointed out that it was a monumental decision.

As she stated, one of the things that she loves about having me as her best friend is that no matter what she does, how she acts, or what goes wrong; she ALWAYS knows that I won’t give up on anyone. Looking back, once I have committed to a friendship I never have given up on someone. To her, if I give up now it will be easier to give up later on someone else. She loved knowing that I never give up and she hates the idea that I am willing to do this.

I thought about it again. I made one last try to connect with this ABSENT person. But ZIPPO!

I will stick to my thought, and I apologize to my friends. I won’t give up on anyone else. Promise.

Ok, enough with the boring crap. Let’s discuss my weekend.

I mentioned last week that I needed to visit my fight club. And yes, this one ABSENT person was one of the reasons I needed to vent a bit. So I went. But I couldn’t get anyone to challenge me. I did need the action so I kept hanging around and bugging guys trying to convince them to challenge me.

I finally got a fight, but I couldn’t get into the ring until after 11:00. Geez, I get up a 3:30 am and now I am scheduled to fight at 11:00 that night. Believe it or not, I was a wee bit tired. And it showed. This guy lit me up the first round. And I found out later that one of the punches or collisions did give me my eighth concussion.

And to make matters worse, in the third round he knocked me down. I didn’t slip or trip, this guy hit me hard enough to knock me off of my feet. But then he made a critical mistake. He stomped on me while I was down. It had been a relatively clean fight to that point, but stomping on a guy who is taking the count is cowardly. I’m sure his logic was to send a message for me to stay down. But it had the opposite effect on me. I got so pissed that I jumped to my feet and once the ref cleared us to fight, I rammed him knocking him back into the cage. Two body shots and a head shot and the ref grabbed me as the guy dropped to the ground.

So now I stand at 5 wins and no losses with 4 knockouts and one TKO. But the doctor says I need to stop. He doesn’t think my head can take much more of a beating. I left the club with a severe headache, went to an emergency clinic and was told to visit a hospital. My head still hurts today, but I did get my anger out and I did win.

I spent Saturday doing my usual yard work. People started dropping by around noon, and two of them said they were planning on becoming seriously wasted. So before I started drinking I followed both of them home and brought them back so that they could crash at the house. Yup, I do worry about drunk driving and I take care of my friends.

And we all did get lit up.

Around 11 pm, I was stumbling to my room. Some had already crashed and some were still out by the pool. But I was finished. If you remember, my second big goal was to get laid this weekend. I thought about it and I was too drunk and tired to put out the effort. So I just went to my bed.

But I had a visitor. About 30 minutes later I sensed someone stumbling into my room. I figured someone was just too drunk and entered the wrong bedroom (we have a bunch). It was one of the female friends, wearing just her bikini bottoms, and she made herself comfortable in the bed right next to me.

Yup, I got laid. I think I actually got it twice. And nope, no comments about it.

So, to recap . . . I gave up on someone for the first time in my life . . . I fought and won, but may not be able to fight again . . . . And I got laid.

Not too bad, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment