Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Journal #216 - This Way or That

I heard on the news that a man from Shiner, TX beat a man to death with his bare hands when he found him attempting to rape his 4 year old daughter. I do believe my own words, so I do not judge until I know the REAL facts. But thus far I’ve heard that there is no evidence to prove the man’s story is false.

What I heard was that he was at a family BBQ and was looking for his daughter, who he hadn’t seen for about three minutes. He heard a scream come from a barn, ran to the barn, and barged in on a partially naked “ranch-hand” on top of his daughter. He pushed the man away, grabbed his daughter to move her behind him, then he swung a big roundhouse swing striking the man in the temple. The man fell dead.
Assuming the information is true, then hooray for him!
I have dealt with death, and in war I have killed men. I struggle with these memories. But in this case, assuming again that it is true, I have no feelings of remorse for the SOB that died. I just wished the man had used a little less force so he could have tortured the man for a while before killing him. Or worse, let him live and go to prison for raping a 4 year old girl.
[Yes, I’ve been to jail too and I know how those guys just LOVE rapists!]
This story sort of affected me another way too. It made me think I did the wrong thing this weekend. I know, I already said I wouldn’t tell you about my weekend. But since this story sort of spoke to me I’ll share it with limited details.
About a year ago some idiot threatened me. I don’t deal well with threats. So my only reaction was to go to the guy and see how courageous he is in person, face to face with me. But I had a friend that was “connected” to the idiot, and she told me not to mess up anything she had going on. And apparently sending the idiot to the hospital would qualify as a mess for her. So I acquiesced and did nothing.
Since then the idiot had done some more idiotic stuff, and I think that my friend isn’t as connected as she was before. And since I was experiencing EXTREME frustration in my world today and needed to vent a bit; I drove to his town to find him. When he had done the additional idiotic stuff, I asked an old acquaintance to keep an eye on him to protect a friend. So I already knew where he lived, where he worked, and where he hung out.
And I found him!
So I’m watching this future victim, noting his moves and planning mine. Then I thought about my great friend Martel, and how I had promised her I wouldn’t fight anymore. Suddenly I had a dilemma. I was right here; ready to blow up all over this guy’s world, claiming revenge for my friend and teaching a life lesson about threatening people. But I had promised Martel I wouldn’t fight anyone again.
The guy wasn’t going anywhere soon, so I left for a temporary mental analysis. This was when things changed for me. I was sitting in a bar alone, nursing a cold beer when I was approached by a young female. We struck up a conversation and suddenly I had a new game to play. I had no intention of picking up a girl; I am saving my cash for my trip. But since I had been made to feel inferior by a specific woman, I decided to see if I could still pick up a young hot blonde.
So I focused all my energy into this babe. I used my intelligence, my charm, and apparently my “dashing good looks” because an hour later I was told I am the nicest and sexiest man she ever met. When she suggested that we go back to her place I knew I still had it. GAME OVER!
NO, I didn’t go with her!
But by the time all this transpired I had completely lost the urge to “whup” the idiot’s ass. So I returned to my home town feeling proud that I had kept my promise to Martel, having proven to myself that I still got “it” and that the person that is causing my frustration is the one “missing out”, and of course having cherry lipstick on me.
[Hey, I said I didn’t go home with her. I never said I wasn’t amorous a bit!]
Anyway, after hearing the news story I am now thinking I should have visited the idiot after all. I mean what he did to me was “galactically” stupid, but what he did recently was violent and abusive (assuming the story I heard is true). So maybe if I had gone to him after he threatened me, then he wouldn’t have had the balls to do what he did next. And if I had faced him this weekend then perhaps I would be saving some future victim of his idiocy from a beating.
Oh well, I trust Martel and I can still tell her I kept my promise to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment