Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Journal #223 - How do you learn to lose?

Sure, I’ve lost before. I’ve lost at the little things though. I’ve lost ball games before. I’ve lost races before. I’ve had my butt kicked before. I’ve failed some tests before. I’ve let people down on occasion too. But I’ve never lost the war.
I think I have now.


Even though I’ve lost before I’ve always achieved the main goal. What is that old saying, “We may have lost the battle, but we won the war!” That sort of is me.
But I’m on the verge of admitting I’ve lost the war.

I feel like I’m in the middle of a big football game, and everyone is counting on me. But I am blindfolded and wearing sound proof ear pieces. I can’t see or hear anything. I don’t know if I’m supposed to be tackling or passing. I don’t know how much time is left in the game or if I am ahead or behind. I can’t tell if I am making a fool of myself or being the star. I am fighting to win and I don’t know what my team or my opponent is doing.

It’s maddening!

I’m no quitter. I am still running around not knowing if I’m running to the play or away from it. But I am running. But I’m reaching the point where the frustration is becoming greater than my will to win. And my will to win is HUGE.

I could be winning. And 5 seconds after I quit the game could be over and everyone would be cheering. But how many more 5 seconds should I keep trying? Maybe I’ve lost already and I’m just making people laugh right now as they wonder how long I will continue.

So I have to assume I’ve lost because I can’t win.

I ask you, how do you learn to lose?

Some of my friends have told me to rip the binds off, to rip off my blinders and see what is really going on. They tell me I will be shocked when I do. But I have cast them aside. You see, I don’t have the key to the binds. And once I remove them on my own . . . . I lose.

Whoever blinded me, set me free. Let me show you what I can do. Remove my binds!

I doubt that will happen.

How do you learn to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment