Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Journal #219 - Foods that never should have been invented!

Sushi – NO ONE likes sushi. It’s just a darn status symbol. People eat it just so they can exclaim, “Yes, I eat sushi”. Seriously, it’s just for that reason or why would it be that no one ever exclaimed, “Yes, I eat hot dogs”?

Oysters – It’s a squishy, nasty mess. People say you should eat if to increase your libido. That doesn’t fly with me. I already have PWD (Perpetual Woody Disease). Geez, my in-laws even make Oyster Dressing at Thanksgiving!

Tortilla Chips – Relax, I love them. But Moonlight used to keep them at the office and I became addicted. Now I eat them all day long and I have to work out 6 days a week to keep from being as big as a barn.

Turkey – You disagree? When was the last time you ate Turkey and weren’t completely and miserably stuffed afterwards?

Anything Chocolate – Gack! I HATE chocolate.

Rice – Another one I genuinely like, but damn it’s a lot of work for such a little bit of food. And you’re hungry all over again 10 minutes later.

Tuna Salad – Ok, I can tolerate tuna. And I enjoy a good salad. But that is one smelly ass combination that makes me ill the moment I smell it. (I’m talking about tuna . . . get your mind out of the gutter . . . . . I love that other smell!)

[FYI, tuna tacos are my favorite. I can enjoy one all night!]

Squash – The name says it all, right?

Sugar Free Sugar Cookies – Huh? Is that possible? Is that like a beef free steak? Or would that just be a vanilla cookie?

Peanut Butter – My mom used to make me and my brother eat two or three peanut butter sandwiches BEFORE dinner, just so we wouldn’t make a pig out of ourselves during dinner. Ever sat down looking at a steaming pot roast and tired to eat three peanut butter sandwiches . . . . . . quickly?

Corn Flakes – It’s like eating a box of cardboard all cut up. But it make a great breading for my Chicken Fried Steaks.

Microwaveable Hot Pockets – I still have a permanent scar on the roof of my mouth.

Any other thoughts out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment