Saturday, August 4, 2012

My Journal #258 - That dating story I promised

I promised my dating story a few weeks ago. I couldn’t really come through with it then because it was sort of “on-going”. Ok, it was also embarrassing. But I make a fool of myself constantly; it’s sort of the price I pay for being direct and honest. So I’m used to it now.
 
 
Anyway, here goes . . .
 
Several years ago I met someone. We went out and I fully expected it to simply be two people out for a quick drink. But it was more. It turned out that this person, who I had known for about a year, was far more than I expected. I actually liked her. And I eventually fell for her.
 
But it was just a casual thing back then, so I continued to date around. At some point I realized that I was leaving my weekend plans with everyone else vague so that IF this person wanted to get together I would be available. That was when I decided to stop dating. I guess for me it wasn’t just a casual relationship anymore.
 
So far in 2012 I’ve only been out with that one person.
 
But I recently confirmed that I was the only one that wanted more from that relationship. So I had to change.
 
My first thought was to take one of my week end get-a-ways to SA or SM. Basically those are my sex weekends. But I couldn’t get fired up for it like I used to. You see even though that other relationship wasn’t about sex . . . . the sex was pretty damn AMAZING! And now the chicks I keep around just for pleasure don’t get me going anymore.
 
[Ya know what I mean?]
 
So I then thought about just going out and hitting on chicks in bars. I am VERY good at the face to face pickups. But as I looked back on all the times I did that, it usually ended up in a one night deal. That isn’t a bad thing, but I guess that now I am looking for more than just a one night deal. Believing I had been in a relationship (even though I was mistaken) let me see how great a relationship can be. So bar hopping was out as well.
 
So I joined a dating site. Yup, I paid them the money and everything. I didn’t know how they worked, or even if they worked. But I figured why not find out. And yes, I was 100% completely honest about myself.
 
Earlier today I checked to see if anyone had contacted me. (I guess that is how it works) To my amazement I had 57 messages. I skimmed though about a dozen and there were some interesting ladies out there. But then I wondered if these were all fake messages. I had heard that some sites send fake messages trying to get you to pay more money. So I replied to five of my messages.
 
All five came back to me and we chatted. I now have five phone numbers as well as five ladies that say they would like to meet.
 
So next weekend I will pick two and set up a couple of meetings. Now maybe I will finally meet that one special person; and maybe I’ll even end up walking down that darn beach at sunset holding hands and finally figuring out what love is.
 
 
 
Wish me luck now because I won’t discuss the progression here.

No comments:

Post a Comment