Monday, August 6, 2012

My Journal #260 - I luv ya . . . . escape!

Since it has now been a few weeks since the horrible event in Colorado, I wish to discuss a related topic. I won’t discuss the event itself because too many people lost loved ones or are still praying for loved ones to survive. I’ve been in horrible events, and I know how the recuperating process works slowly.

Instead, I want to try to help you in the event you end up in a situation like that one.

The best advice I can give you is to always be alert. Pay attention to your surroundings and the people around you that you don’t know. Always find an exit. It sounds silly now, but in a crisis you need to know how to escape. And that is my first piece of advice . . . . escape.

Everyone thinks they know how they will react in a crisis. Well, take it from someone who has had more than his share of crisis moments. You will NEVER know what you will do or how you will react. And even if you’ve been there before, you may never react the same way twice.

Again, step one is to be attentive and always know the exits. After that, find a way to live. Do what you have to do to survive. Forget your pride, your integrity, and your personal goals. Do what it takes to live. People need you, regardless of who you are. They would want you to live so find a way.

Step three is to never give up. If your first plan fails and you can’t escape then keep your wits and find a second escape route. Stay low, keep your eyes and ears open, breath, and keep moving until you find a way to escape.

And don’t try to be a hero. Save yourself first and then focus on loved ones. I know it sounds crappy, but remember that you can’t save your loved ones if you are dead. You need to be there for them and you’re not there if you are dead.

Please note that I never suggested that you attempt to defend yourself. I encourage people that have been trained with weapons to feel free to carry them. But if you are not confident then you may be adding to the problem. I was once very skilled with weapons, but I don’t carry anything because I know how deadly it is.

Just imagine the scenario that the folks in Colorado faced, and let me try to insert you into the mix. You’ve had a good dinner and a few drinks when you decide to go to a movie. You have a slight buzz and a full stomach. The lights go out and suddenly all hell breaks loose.

The movie stops, but no lights come on. Its pitch black and now there is smoke and gas engulfing the place. Shots ring out, and the person next to you goes down. People are screaming and running everywhere in the dark all around you. You heart is racing, it’s chaos . . . .

And you really think you can focus and get off a shot in the dark, smoky, wild environment and not hit an innocent child or mother.

Just forget returning fire . . . . ESCAPE!

I luv ya and I want you to live.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to take a look.

    I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to
    my followers! Superb blog and great design.
    Also visit my web site - dating tips

    ReplyDelete