Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Journal #270 - A song that touched me

Happy Friday!

As usual, my shout out to my friends . . . .
Martel – Going to be at the game Saturday? I may have tickets if you are.
Banana Rama – Hey, whatever happened to that friend you were going to introduce to me?
Sasha Lucille – Sweetie, men are pigs (well, except for me) That guy needs to go, sorry.
HMPOA – You are still my favorite grandma!
Ok, I agree that last weekend was strange. What I was attempting was in poor taste and just wrong to do. But sometimes everyone needs to break loose a bit. I’ve spent over two years now focused on one thing and one thing only. And it turned out to be the longest and biggest mistake of my life. Now that the focus is shifting I needed to jump. Entiendes?
This weekend will be different. I did ask someone to introduce me to their friends, but they wouldn’t. I then asked out a fan favorite, but was rejected. So I called the friend from last weekend and invited her over for dinner and drinks Friday evening. Of course Saturday is dedicated to the first Houston Texans home game of the year.
You may be thinking to yourself, “and what else?” Trust me, when the Texans play it is an all day affair. From getting up early to cook, then organizing my alcohol, to tailgating before the game, then watching the actual game and finishing up with tailgating after the game; well it’s an adventure. So when I say Saturday is dedicated to the Texans, I mean all day and evening.
And since Saturday is an all day event, then Sunday is a work day. This includes landscaping, repairs, laundry, ironing, etc. It’s also my de-tox day, if you know what I mean.
Now for the odd and unusual news. I’ve mentioned to you before that there is this guy that did my evaluations for the past couple of years. Well he quit his job and hung up his own shingle. We talk frequently, but not like a business deal. I think we are actually becoming friends.
Anyway, he knows about all of you. He doesn’t know your names as I always use you pen names, but he knows how we interact and what you mean to me. So he keeps insisting that I share with you what happened when I was 12 years old. He claims that what happened back then was the catalyst for everything that happened to me since then.
Hmmmm?
I took his advice once before and shared my biggest nightmare with some of you. I have no idea how it affected you, but it really didn’t do much for me. For that reason I have been hesitant to share any more of my past. It’s not like what happened as a kid is a nightmare or anything, it’s just bad times.
So I decided that if you ask me, I will tell you privately. I will not do it via email or other written documents. But if you want to know, buy me a beer and just listen. That’s the best offer I will make.
It’s not that interesting a story anyway.
Ok, I heard a song recently that just blew me away. So as a treat I will add the words here. If you care, go listen to the song. It probably won’t do shit for you, but if you think about me and know me you might see how it fits.
[Yup, even you Sunshine]
Have a great weekend and think about me a dozen times!
Somebody That I Used To Know"
[Goyte:]
Now and then I think of when we were together
Like when you said you felt so happy you could die
Told myself that you were right for me
But felt so lonely in your company
But that was love and it's an ache I still remember
You can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness
Like resignation to the end, always the end
So when we found that we could not make sense
Well you said that we would still be friends
But I'll admit that I was glad it was over
But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
And I don't even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough
No you didn't have to stoop so low
Have your friends collect your records and then change your number
I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody that I used to know
Now you're just somebody that I used to know
Now you're just somebody that I used to know
[Kimbra:]
Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over
But had me believing it was always something that I'd done
But I don't wanna live that way
Reading into every word you say
You said that you could let it go
And I wouldn't catch you hung up on somebody that you used to know
[Gotye:]
But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
And I don't even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough
No you didn't have to stoop so low
Have your friends collect your records and then change your number
I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody that I used to know
Now you're just somebody that I used to know



No comments:

Post a Comment