Friday, August 31, 2012

My Journal #278 - Bragging about you . . . .

Tonight was my Fantasy Football Draft. I figure to most of you that’s probably super unimportant. But I did explain it to you last year in this blog what a big deal it is to me. And it is a rather big deal to me. I did get Calvin Johnson and Matt Ryan, so maybe it won’t be a horrible season.

But the draft turned out to be the second best event of the night. A friend that I have recently reconnected with really stepped up and impressed me tonight. So I’m going to brag about them bit. She is not the type of person that would enjoy knowing it, and I didn’t ask permission. So I won’t use her name, but you all know her.

But first, it’s SHOUT OUT time!

Banana Rama – I didn’t get your sweet messages before I left for Mexico, but I got them when I got back. You’re the best sweetie.

Martel – Wow, it was a big week for you. I’m so happy you allow me to be a part of it all. And don’t forget . . . .you're my Football Bitch this season!

Sasha Lucille – You write the nicest emails. But trust me, I can take care of myself and I will be back to normal soon.

HMPOA – I can’t tell you in words how happy I am that we’ve reconnected. There are moments I hate you, but there is always love mixed in with that hate. (Hehehe)

Sunshine – I’m not sure where you are now (as usual), but you mean a lot to me and it WAS your voice I heard many years ago urging me to push on. I will always be here for WHATEVER you want or need.

And introducing our new friend . . . .

Trish – Every time I have a slow gin fizz I will think of us in Mexico. You made me laugh on a sad day for me. I hope you were serious about staying in touch and reading my journals.

Ok, tonight I was seriously focused on my draft. Nothing could faze me. But I heard my phone vibrate, and I was expecting a reply from someone, so I checked. To my surprise it was one of my good friends wishing me luck with my draft. That was touching to me because she understood that it was a big deal to me, even if it was silly to her.

But wait . . . it gets better.

So I mention to her that I hadn’t eaten all day and how hungry I was. She tells me she would love to feed me if I wanted to drop by, and we could talk about the draft. How freakin' cool is that. I mention I’m hungry and instantly she offers to cook. I was more touched. And she would even let me ramble on about my silly draft.

But wait . . . . it gets EVEN better.

So I show up about 9:30 and she made my favorite dish. And friends, this chick can SERIOUSLY cook. It smelled so good and tasted even better. You may not know this about me, but I always offer to help with the cooking and cleaning. But I’ve dined at my friends place before and she won’t allow it. As a matter of fact she bans me from the kitchen. So I take a seat on the couch and she waits on me.

AND THEN SHE TURNS ON THE TV . . . . She had recorded the Texans game for me!!!!

So we got comfy on her couch, ate together, drank together, watched TV together, and talked. Ok, so we talked about more than my draft . . . big deal, IT WAS SO COOL!

I’m not a guy that wants, needs, or expects pampering. But you know something, every once in a while it feels good to know someone cares enough to take an interest in my likes, and then gives me a night of being handled. After all the confusing crap I’ve been through in the past two months it was so great to just sit back, let out a long breath of air, and relax with a close friend without worrying.

So here is little ol’ me bragging about her.

Ladies, no matter who your love interest is . . . . treat him like you give a shit and he will give you twice as much caring in return. Trust me, it feels great.

Ok, one last thing. Monday is a holiday and I am inviting everyone to come by my place Sunday to help me and my friends say goodbye to summer. It may have been the absolute worst summer of my life, but I will still miss the pool, the beer, the bikinis, and the good times.

I will be smoking a brisket if any store puts them on sale. If not, then I will be smoking ribs, sausage and chicken. My oldest boy will be grilling some ribs using his own recipe. And of course the pool will be open and the music will be rocking. So if you haven’t made plans, just let me know you’re coming and I throw on some more meat.

Have a great weekend and hope to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment