Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Journal #279 - The crap I do when I drink!

Last night I had a Dominoes date with my buddies. What that means is we play a little with the dominoes and we drink a lot. So I got REALLY drunk last night.

After Dominoes, very late in the evening, I was amorous. So I sent a message to a friend to see if she wanted to hook up. Now this is an old friend that sort of drifted away for about three years. We just recently reconnected and decided we would move very slowly. So my message was probably way ahead of time.

She replied immediately stating that she was baby-sitting at a family member’s house all night. She couldn’t invite me to someone else house and she wouldn’t leave the kids alone to go see me. At first I thought I had screwed up. But in a matter of seconds I got a picture of her, topless and looking seductive, with a message that was a sad face.

We ended up sexting most of the night.

Then I did what I believed was my second big drunken screw up. I sent an email to someone that I have been trying to have a face to face chat with for two months. I think I’ve mentioned before that I tend to write late at night after drinking. Sometimes I post it here in my journal. But usually I wake and rush to delete it before anyone reads it. They tend to be VERY direct and honest; and probably too honest.

Yet I sent that email and there are no “take-backs” with emails. As soon as I woke I remembered that I had sent the email. So I logged on and read my sent box. I was worried, but then I wasn’t. And this is why.

I am the kind of a guy that can’t rest when there is something to do. And if there is a talk to be had or a situation to confront I go right to it, and put it behind me. I’ve never regretted not waiting. The person I sent the email to is the QUEEN of procrastination when it comes to confrontations. And over the years I have changed my approach to appease her.

But this was something that needed to be addressed. And it really felt good to be myself and say what was on my mind. As I read my email, it wasn’t rude or tacky. It was simply direct and very honest. I guess when I drink my inhibitions and caution slip away, and I do what should be done and not what is politically correct.

Anyway, it’s out there and I’m ok with that one.

The shit I do when I drink . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment