Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Journal 042

Today my topic is a girl from my past named Leslie. I’m sure your first thought is, “Oh, goodie . . another cool history story” Look, the title of this page is Illogical Ramblings. The key phrase here is “Rambling” So, today we discuss Leslie.

As I have wandered through life I have had time frames where I wanted to be single, but I have had time frames where I wanted someone. When I have wanted someone they have ALLWAYS been the same mold. Any girl I sort of seriously dated was blonde, tanned, blue or green eyed, well endowed and I call it a cheerleader personality. You know, loud and confident. No matter how far back I go, it’s the same thing.

~Sidenote~

I actually read once that the most powerful sense a man has is smell. The part of the female body that gives off the most scent is your hair (Odd, huh) So in most instances men are drawn consistently to women of the same NATURAL hair color. Oh, and your perfume screws up our sense of smell. When you put on cologne you attract men that won’t stay with you. HINT – dump the colognes and the men really attracted to you will “come-a-knocking”.

~Back to the story~

So, these are the types of women I always had on my arm when I was in the time frame of my life to be a part of something. Now, in the time frame when I wanted to be a player (Is that term still cool?) I had a completely different approach . . . . Variety! All races were cool. All body types were fun. All personalities were enjoyed. Yet it was NEVER a blonde, tanned, blue or green eyed, big boobed, cheerleader type in this time frame.

Oh, and Hispanic female are incredibly passionate when it comes to romance. Since I crave passionate females, well they were my favorite for sex.

No, I haven’t forgotten about Leslie. This is called the background part of my ramblings. Hang in there. Now comes the Leslie part.

Leslie was a petite brunette. She had a VERY nice, but tiny figure. She wasn’t wild and crazy, and she didn’t posses a lot of passion. She really didn’t fit into either of my categories. We weren’t close friends, but we knew of each other. Back in the day, I never really understood Leslie. That was probably because I never tried. She was never on my radar screen.

The reason I think about Leslie now is because it is possible that Leslie understood me better than anyone ever did. I just never realized it until many years later.

Leslie and I knew each other since Junior High school. She was on the dance team, and she loved to dance. Each season, she would literally fight to be my “Spirit girl”. What this meant was she would walk out with me at pep rallies, she would bring all sorts of neat crap to school for me to give me “spirit”, and she would go to my parent’s house every Thursday night (The team had meetings on Wednesday nights at the High School) and decorate the front of the house and my room with more “Spirit”. Usually these girls would then leave. But Leslie was a thinker, and she always had a plan. I just never knew it. Anyway, she would wait for me in my room on Thursday nights.

Like I said, my parents were way cool . . if you know what I mean. So Leslie and I “hooked up” every Thursday night when I returned from my meetings. I guess you could call it additional spirit.

Oh, when I had my serious injury and was hospitalized for many days. She was at the hospital when I arrived and stayed with me every day and most nights. When I was released with a huge cast covering most of my body, she helped me get around and took care of me for weeks.

Now I think I’ve told you that I was a pig back in the day. So after every game I would select one lucky lady to pick me up after the game at the field house. I was very honest with these girls as to my expectations, and what benefits they would receive.

I rode to school every day with 5 of my football buddies. So the girl of the week’s job was to secure a vehicle and drive to the field house to pick me up after a game. Then they would take me to my parent’s house so I could soak in a tub (My body was pretty much a mess after a game and the hot water got me moving again). Then, once I was out of the tub the girl would provide me with my after game . . . ummm . . . Spirit? You know what I mean!

In exchange for this service, I would then take this girl to a Jock / Popular group party and introduce her. She would suddenly be in the “popular” crowd and be able to share in all the benefits of being one of this group. So we both received benefits.

I never asked Leslie. But every Friday night after the game she would be waiting for me at the field house. She would be there just in case my chosen girl of the week didn’t show up or changed her mind. She would also call me later in the evening and most nights we would “hook up” again after the girl of the week was finished.

Yes, it sounds like I was a horrible person and Leslie was a desperate girl. It really wasn’t like that. She got me back then, and remember that she had a plan too.

Senior prom was upcoming one year. As usual I had to appear with the right girl, a cheerleader. It was sort of a requirement, kind of like an arranged marriage or something. So I had my cheerleader all lined up. But Leslie started coming by my house every weekend. If I hadn’t gone out yet, then we would go and do something together. If I had already gone out, she would sit with my parents and chat until they went to bed, then she would go to my room and wait for me.

After several weeks she asked me to the prom. I explained my situation to her. She told me that I could take the cheerleader to the prom, and then drop her off early (which was my plan all along). Then she wanted to go out with me after. But her point was that she wanted to make an appearance with me at the prom.

I agreed and that is exactly how it went on prom night. But Leslie and I ended up going to Canyon Lake and spent the weekend together.

Later that senior year we had spring break. Our group always went to South Padre for spring break. I would go also. I took one change of clothes, beer, and very little money as I had none back then. I never went down there with any kind of a plan as to where I would sleep. That was because I didn’t sleep much that week and because I had a knack of being able to talk my way into a bed every night.

As soon as I hit the beach that year, Leslie approached me with a plan. She told me that she had rented a room on the beach. She told me that during the day each of us could do whatever we wanted. But we would get together every night at her room for more “spirit”. For some reason I liked that idea and that is how it worked for a week. I would get drunk and high all day, she would party with her friends, and I would stumble to her place late and we would share spirit. We had been together enough so that one night would be my fantasy night and the next night would be her fantasy night. It was amazing.

Once graduated, I went away to college. Guess who also went to the same college. We lived near each other on campus. We would share rides home whenever we decided to go home, and I would then pick her up on our way back to college. We danced together a lot and won numerous disco competitions (Stop laughing). We also entered every C&W dance contest, but the best we ever placed was 2nd. And whenever one of us was in the mood, well some spirit was just a phone call away. This went on for about two years.

Then Leslie vanished.

This was back before cell phones, emails, and texting. So if someone moved they were usually gone forever. I would think about Leslie a lot. I really missed her for a long time. I actually began to wonder if I secretly liked her. Hmmm?

At my 10 year reunion I ran into Leslie. She had married a non-jock / non-popular guy from our class. She was happy with him. I told her about how much fun I had with her back in those days and how I felt like maybe I had missed out on something with her.

She smiled and kissed me on the cheek. Then she shared with me her plan from way back when. She told me that I was being used too. She always wanted the guy that she ended up marrying. But he hadn’t noticed her. So she would hang out with me because she knew that this other guy hated me. It bothered this other guy so much that he finally became jealous and asked Leslie out. Her plan had come to fruition. She had fun with me, and all along she was working on what she really wanted.

It sort of sounded like me back then too. I guess Leslie and I were a lot alike. Naturally we couldn’t keep in touch as her husband still hates me. But I do have some GREAT memories of a girl that was neither one of my “relationship” girls nor one of my “Party” girls. She was different and I do like different!

Looking back, every time Leslie and I went anywhere, that guy was there. She was working her plan for over 8 years. Now that is dedication.

No comments:

Post a Comment