Friday, November 12, 2010

My Journal 049

So I’ve got a favor to ask. Send a friend to my page. I need more followers (Not that I don’t appreciate the "hotties" I have now) Just make sure it’s a female and she’s hot! J OK, the hot part is not important; I just don’t want a bunch of dudes reading my stuff.

Sorry I didn’t write yesterday. I’ve had a real busy few days and a lot on my mind lately. Nope, it’s nothing earth shattering. It’s just time to make another change in my world. Even though I am ready for a change, I do have to plan it out step by step.

NO, I AM NOT ANAL!

I am a very organized person. I enjoy planning things to a “T”. I am competitive, so I take the plan I created and score it based on reality. Then I compare it to other plans and rate, or score, myself. But don’t worry that I am not a risk taker. That’s why god invented alcohol. And I’ve done some really wild shit when drunk before.

I want to do a questionnaire, but I have no idea how you will be able to respond. Not everyone knows how to reach me. And of course the questions I will ask will probably get this web page shut down.

For example, “What is your favorite sexual position and why?”

[See what I mean]

Ok, now for some end of week shout outs!

Bananarama – I’m all over dinner and a movie!

Sunshine – Did you wear your pin yesterday? Oh, have a great trip!

Latin Lover – Hello??? Where is my free drink?

Sexy Sara – Invitation? Me? Woohoo!

Today I want to tell you about my old friend Frank. We met in 1978 (or maybe 1979). He was assigned to the Army Special Forces. He worked with me about 5 times back then. If you looked at him you would guess that he was a librarian or something. He was small in stature and not very social. But he had skills.

First, he was a computer genius / hacker. He could get into anything. Now back then this skill was valuable. But when he retired this skill became incredibly financially rewarding to him. He would find out everything about anyone for a fee. I was always amazed how much information is out there about people. And not just stuff on the internet. He could get his hands on all sorts of stuff.

Second, he was the mechanic. He could see things in his head that no one else could see. If you needed to get to Nowhere, Iowa; in his mind immediately this plan would begin to form. He could see every possible pitfall, and have a secondary plan in mind instantly. His mind was amazing. And he never wrote anything down. It was all engraved in his mind.

It’s difficult to say how many times he saved lives with a note or a call. I’m guessing he saved my butt at least 5 times. But to him that was just his job. Nothing to him was personal, it was all just data.

We became friends during our time together. We remained friends until today (Yes, even though he passed I still consider him a friend). But our friendship wasn’t like a normal friendship. We are both very direct and honest, so most of our conversations ended in arguments. But nothing was ever taken as personal, well almost never.

My only regret with Frank is that our last conversation was in fact an argument that may have been sort of personal. Maybe not to him, but it was to me. I also had agreed to help him, and bailed out on him at the last possible moment. He wasn’t real happy. So our last chat didn’t go well.

I’d love to have that time back. As usual, the point he was making in our argument proved to be true; which made me feel even worse. Basically (without going into details), the reason I bailed (which was from my heart and not my mind) was valid to me at the moment I decided. He told me I was wrong and could prove it. He never made decisions from the heart. I didn’t want his proof; I preferred to go with my gut. Within a day I realized that my gut was wrong.

But I am a much better person today because of what I learned from him. And it is very possible that if he wasn’t as brilliant as he was, I wouldn’t be here today.

So if you enjoy my words, my company, or my friendship; then you owe Frank a big “THANK YOU” also. This is why I bring him up today.

He is buried just south of Mexico City. I will visit him once a year. I visited him recently and he’s doing great . . . and he loves you as much as I do. He would just never tell you, but I will.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment