Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Journal 048

I hear that the position that you sleep in is supposed to tell something about you. I seriously doubt that to be true, but I love interesting crap like this. So how do you sleep and what do you wear?

Ok, I’ll go first.

As far as attire goes, it sort of depends on whether I’ve been drinking or not. On a “normal” night I have a large pair of gym shorts that I wear. I’ve never been able to wear a top or socks and still sleep. Actually, I can sleep best with nothing. But I have this strange fear of having to jump out of bed and dash out doors to prevent vandalism or theft. I just don’t think running out the door naked would scare . . . .

Well crap, maybe seeing me run out a door in the middle of the night naked would scare most people.

Anyway, it’s usually gym shorts. But if I’ve been drinking it could be my jeans or my boxers. Lord knows, sometimes after drinking I fall asleep driving home. Stripping is not as important then.

The second point of note is that I PREFER sleeping in a warm environment (Have I mentioned I hate the cold?) So my perfect sleeping environment is a warm night, window open, and on top of the covers. Now here is the weirder thing. Even if it is cold, and I have 20 blankets on top of me, my feet have to be uncovered. I don’t know why, I just can’t sleep with my feet covered.

Finally, I don’t require much sleep. Three or four hours a night usually suits me. Now I will take a few 10 minute “snoozes” during the day. But as far as sleep it is rare that I sleep for longer than 4 hours.

Ok, now on to the position that I sleep in.

I have had a broken neck, and I have three broken vertebrae in my lower back. So EVERY night my first position is on my stomach, feet hanging off the bed, pillow resting under my chest and chin. Odd huh?

As soon as I hit this position, I feel my body aligning. Apparently during the day the back and neck compress. So I lie in this position and absolutely love the feeling of everything aligning again. I can’t even begin to describe how good this feels, but trust me when I say it is AWESOME.

Now, if I stay in this position all night it actually begins to create more problems. So usually around an hour later I roll over on my back, with the pillow under my head. That is where I stay until I awake.

I can’t sleep on my side at all. I have broken my left wrist, forearm, and elbow. Also, I have a piece of bone missing from my left shoulder. It is the piece that holds the shoulder in its position. When I end up on my left side, my shoulder will come out of its socket. So whoever is near me gets to observe me walking around trying to knock it back in place.

On the ride side of my body I have had three fractured ribs, a broken hip, a broken collar bone and a fracture on the right side of my tailbone. So if I roll over onto my right side I have pretty good pain that begins, enough to wake me up at least.

Have I mentioned that I have had 32 broken bones?

I have no idea what all that means other than I have had a VERY active and exciting life. Yet I deal with a lot of pain on a regular basis. So you can read up and tell me about me based on my sleep positions.

AND . . .

Since you know me and you know I hate to bore people, I’ll expand my sleeping activities chat to include . . .

Yup, you guessed it . . . . SEX.

First and foremost I must share that anytime, anyplace, and any position works for me. That being said, I actually enjoy a lot of variety in the location selection. Being a guy, and knowing that I think about it most of the day, I constantly catch myself somewhere thinking to myself, “Wow, look at that spot. If she would get into this position; and I was in that position . . . “

I know. I’m weird. And truthfully about half of my “ideas” don’t work out like I had imagined. But I do try them, and when they do work it’s really different and way cool. I mean, no complaints yet.

Yes, I will get back to the bed portion of this topic.

You see, I prefer being on my feet during a hot “whoopee session”. I don’t know why, maybe it’s the athlete in me. You know, we always have to stay on our feet during a BIG PLAY. So attacking from behind while my partner is leaning over a couch, a chair or something is my preference.

Umm, excuse me for about 5 minutes please.

Ok, I’m back now (and much more relaxed). Anyway, beds work too.

Again, if I have a preference I am a morning person. To this day, every morning when I wake I look like a 16 year old punk virgin waking from a good dream. Ya know what I mean? So the first thing in the morning would be my preference. I enjoy the control of being on top (Yes, I’m a control freak), but I also very much like to watch while lying on my back. Yes, I am very visual.

I don’t EVER do bondage or handcuffs. That goes back to my 10 days of horror in Africa, which I’ve hinted about before. Again, I don’t share those stories but maybe someone will get close enough someday to get me to share. But trust me, I won’t be bound again. Sorry.

Now it is your turn.

I’m waiting?!?!?

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

Oh, just email it to me. I’ll read it tomorrow morning. (Hehe)


1 comment:

  1. Bananarama must sleep with the ac down as low as it will go, 3 blankets covered up to the ears and ear plugs. The only way she can fall asleep is on the belly. Any other info requires dinner and a movie first.

    ReplyDelete