Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Journal 131

I am hesitant to post today’s journal. Today’s journal may appear to some to be somewhat “whiney”. Some may think that I am acting like a spoiled brat who lost his toy. And maybe I am, when you get right down to it.

But . . . .

I will say this to those who may not know me well enough, yet. Walk in my shoes. See the things that I have seen. Feel the things that I have felt. Hear the things that I have heard. Taste the things that I have tasted. Smell the things that I have smelled. Survive the life that I survived. THEN you can sit in judgment of me.

And perhaps this particular journal.

Oh well?

I am so thrilled with the events of Sunday. The American military, the GREATEST WEAPON in the history of the world, tracked down the man responsible for the deaths of over three thousand American civilians. Kudos to everyone that diligently searched computers, papers, people and maps trying to locate this man. Kudos to those who risked their lives collecting or sharing information. And kudos to the shooter. The Navy Seal that put two taps in the man’s head.

This week America and American’s celebrated this historic event. People wore flags and displayed the American theme. Stores put up signs. TV and radio celebrated and threw parties. Everyone wants to meet the men who pulled off this miracle. People’s eyes water at the sound of patriotic songs. Without a doubt it is an American celebration.

One man fired two shots. One man saved the world from tyranny. One man ended the heartache and possibly saved lives. One anonymous man did something that no one else could do. I personally want to shake his hand and say, “THANK YOU!”

But I knew someone once who was just like that one man. He was alone. He was armed. He was deadly. And he put one round in a few people himself around the world. He didn’t have five other guys supporting him though. He didn’t have air support. He actually had no support. What he did, he had to do alone. What he did was just as important. He believed he saved thousands of lives as well, or at least that is what he was told to believe.

But there was never a ticker tape parade. There were never any celebrations. There was never any Kudos. And NO ONE ever walked up to him, shook his hand, and said “Thank you”.

He wasn’t allowed to wear the flag of his great country on his sleeve. He wasn’t allowed to say he was an American. And if he failed, no one cared and no one would come for him.

Today, he is so happy for the country he loves. But at the same time he remembers what he went through for his country; and how no one knows or cares. As happy as he is for his country today, he is equally as sad.

Today he is a whiney brat.

But he would do it all again. I guarantee that!

God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment