Monday, May 16, 2011

My Journal 137

I had a nice weekend.

I drove out to Austin Saturday morning. One of my buddies had a kid getting married. I drove there with C, my ex. We had a good drive; we laughed and talked all the way. But once I got to Austin I found out we were going to a friend’s house, which I hadn’t been to in about two years. So I took a wrong turn.

Immediately C pulls out her phone to ask for directions. I told her I knew where I messed up, that I was heading back to that point, and I knew the way from there so she didn’t need to ask. She continued. So I asked her not to call. She continued. So I told her I didn’t want her to call. She did anyway. Argh!

Ok, now for a little background. I had a roommate in college for two years. We became friends. One night at a party we met a girl who I already knew. He ended up marrying her. She had three best friends and one was C. That is how I met C. But prior to meeting any of them, I had met another girl. We will call her W. We shared a few classes and went out a couple of times. It turned out that W was one of the best friends as well. So we snuck off immediately and made a pact never to tell anyone that we already knew each other.

W ended up marrying another friend of mine. But a few years back they divorced. She showed up at our lunch Saturday on Lake Travis. She looked just like she did in college. We talked for a bit and exchanged numbers. Who knows, right?

Then I checked into a hotel in preparation for the wedding. At the reception they had a band. I LOVE to dance, so I asked C to dance with me. She can really dance, and we had a great time dancing. All of our mutual friends were there and a good time was had by all.

While I off getting a drink once, I was approached by a recent UT graduate. She said she was a dance major and enjoyed watching me dance. Then she asked if I would “push her around the dance floor a few times”. She could dance as well, and we put on a clinic on C&W dancing. And towards the end of the night she exchanged information with me as well.

I sent her a text Saturday night after the reception to check the number. She did reply. I love it when people take the time to reply.

The next morning I was preparing to get breakfast and I had two messages. One from this UT chick and one from my friend Niki-Cole. Both messages were very sweet and made me realize something. There are ladies out there that want to be friends, and are willing to make me a priority in their life. So I shouldn’t waste one more second trying to convince someone to let me be a part of their life.

I guess that when someone rejects me (which has only happened a few times) I have this tendency to try to make it work. But I learned that if you have to make it work then it means the other person really doesn’t want it to work. Also, even if I can use my charm to convince them, then I have to ALWAYS be the one trying. If I ever need a break, then it dies. So why try?

So this week I learned that if someone doesn’t have time for me in their life, then they can live their life without me. There are plenty of nice people that would love having me in their life, and I owe them my attention.

I hope you all had a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment