Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Journal 145

I listen to heavy metal while I run or workout. I was flipping through my CD’s last night in preparation for a workout and I found an old DVD. It was “It’s a Wonderful Life” from like 50 years ago. What a great movie, and no I didn’t watch it again last night. But as I was thinking about it I remembered my comment from last week about what would the world be like if I wasn’t here. This thought is what that particular movie is all about.

Jimmy Stewart gets so frustrated with his life that he wants to take his own. But he is given a chance to see what the world would be like if he were never born. Wow, what I would give to have that opportunity.

I am conceited; I will grant you that trait. But I am not so conceited to think that my demise on one of the many occasions where it should have happened would drastically change anything. The world ticks at its own pace and we can’t do much to change it. Yet I was told many times that the things I did were to preserve America. I doubt I really had any measurable impact, but what if I did?

What if I failed in my previous life? What if I were a quitter? What if I were too weak? Would we all be enjoying the life we have today? Honestly?

Probably!

But maybe something I did changed the course a millimeter. Would a tiny change from 30 years ago cause a huge change in the world today?

We could ponder this forever. But why? It changes nothing.

So then I wondered how all the people I know would be affected today if I never made it to 2011. When I was shipped away my family had no idea where I was or what I was doing. If I had failed then they would never have been told a single word. To this day they would probably still be wondering what happened. They would probably have searched the globe for me and found nothing. But I know them, they would hold out hope that I was alive until they found my body. It would have been hell for them.

I won an award for heroism last year based on something I did a few years ago. I had the mayor, council members and the whole crew there to present me with an award for going above and beyond the call to help my fellow man (or in this case a woman). I would guess that this particular woman is very happy that I was still alive on that particular day.

I think I played a vital role in this business too. I helped start it and have taken years of abuse to keep it going. And most of my readers worked here at one time or another. So I guess that helped you somewhat. Or maybe it just made you insane, who knows?

I helped LovelyGirl once. Maybe that was something.

I also hope that each of you know that in spite of my personal promise to myself never to hurt anyone ever again, I would literally annihilate anyone that hurts any of you . . . . and their friends . . . . and their family . . . . and their dog.

Other than that, I got nothing.

I realize that I already have you working on a project for me, which is to find me three new hot babes . . . I mean three new readers to follow my journal. But with Memorial day next week, where they honor everyone that served our country (and technically I didn’t); and with the first week of July right around the corner (and most of you know that I disappear for a while then); I sort of hoped you would do me one more favor.

Either send me naked pictures of you, or write down what you think your specific world would be like today if I had never made it home from my previous life. I know its self serving. But everyone deep inside really wants to know if they have made a difference, me included.

Hmmm, maybe I would prefer the pictures?!?!?

Be honest with me. If you really feel l haven’t affected your world one iota, or if you are worse off from knowing me then tell me. I know that I am pushy, aggressive, obstinate, brutally honest and sort of an ass. But whatever it is tell me. Yes, it’s selfish. Sue me!

Illogical69@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment