Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Journal 148

I am very into my music. I am very specific with my music, but I do love what I love. Mostly it’s the lyrics that make a song great for me. I hear a song for the first time and I can remember the lyrics, but seldom the tune. Now, the music is important which is why one of my genres in Smooth Jazz. But what will really trip my breaker is a good hard rock song with a definite beat and lyrics that tell a story.

Also, when I meet someone or have a fantastic experience the song in the background gets “tagged” to that person. Whenever I hear that song again, whether I like it or not, I think of that person or event. Each of you have a song that reminds me of you too.

Also, I am sure all of you have heard of a birthday list. It’s when someone makes a list of all the crap they would like for their birthday. Well, I have a list of things that I want to DO while listening to a specific song.

These are the things I would LOVE to do to music.

[Footnote – The term THE ONE is used below. This is my phrase for that one woman out there somewhere that is just for me; you know the one that will eventually walk down that damn beach with me at sunset]

~

Make passionate love with THE ONE for me.                     Great White – Rock Me

Have crazy wild ass sex with someone.                            Berlin - Sex

Kiss THE ONE for the first time.                                       Vargo – Back to Serenity

Walk down a beach at moonlight with THE ONE.                Santana – Black Magic Woman

Sip wine by a fireplace on a cold night.                            Gerry Rafferty – Baker Street

Enjoy the ULTIMATE candle light dinner for two.                Lori Carson – Fall in the Light

Receive oral sex.                                                           Queen – Get Down, Make Love

Run and place in a marathon.                                          Bill Conti – Gonna Fly Now (Rocky theme)

Fight the guy that tried to threaten me.                            Survivor – Eye of the Tiger (Rocky III theme)

Sail away on a Cruise ship with a hot blonde.                   Cascadia – Truly! Madly! Deeply!

Celebrate my first anniversary with THE ONE.                  Bill Medley – I’ve had the Time of my Life

~

Ok, be honest with me. How many of these songs have you actually heard?

I’m in the warehouse tomorrow so you may not get a posting. If not, have a great weekend and I hope to see some of you this weekend as well.

Enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend!



Just remember why we remember too!


God bless America . . . . and may God bless you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment