Monday, May 23, 2011

My Journal 144

Since I do consider being faithful a very important promise, I would like to re-visit the event from this weekend.

At times in my life I actually did have women that I promised to be faithful to. And believe it or not, I truly expected that promise to be mutual. I am a typical guy, but I do not get jealous often if at all. I am not possessive and encourage women to go out on their own if they want. Actually, they usually come back rather “in the mood” which works for me. I also believe that some time away from your partner is a good thing. Go dancing, drinking, laughing, flirting or whatever. It is ok. Just go home to your partner when you want to be laid.

But I will say that I am territorial. This means that if a lady promises to be naked only with me then I consider her body my property. If someone “pokes” into my property then I have an issue. My issue would not be with the other person but with my person. And to be totally honest, if my person ever wants to “run around” all they have to do is tell me. The moment they do then they are no longer my property and can do as they please, as can I.

I share this so that you understand where my head is on this issue. I am flexible, but once the promise is made I am going to uphold it no matter what. If I ever want to be with someone else, I will share this information with the person whom I already promised to be faithful. I can’t cheat because someone is potentially going to be hurt. Basically people can do what they want as long as they are honest about it up front.

Comprende?

So knowing all this, I was a bit put off that two married women suggested a sexual encounter with me. Folks, it is not like I misunderstood something either. One woman followed me outside once when I stepped out for a quick dip. She offered to perform oral sex right then and there. The second was dancing with me and whispered in my ear that her husband would be gone Sunday and I should come by for some fun.

Call me crazy if you will, but I did very sternly say no. Let me make this very clear, I DO NOT SOCIALIZE WITH TAKEN WOMEN. Seriously, if you want to knock boots with me then leave your partner the right way and I’d be more than happy to give you pleasure. But until then, go home to your partner!

I guess it gets back to my honesty issues. If you really want to “play the field” then don’t be in a relationship. If you want someone to be yours then don’t give yourself to anyone else. Be honest with yourself first, and then your partner.

I will guess that there are hundreds of guys that if put in the situation I was in they would have acquiesced. And I am told that if you are single then you are not violating any rules if a “taken” person wants to have sex with you behind their partners back. But to me it’s just not right. I don’t want to be a party to a situation like that.

Maybe I am weird, or the only one in the world that feels this way, but it’s my belief.

I have not always been this way. Heck, my first time was with a married woman. And in my prime I used to actually try to nail the chick that was so committed to her man just to prove that I could. And believe it or not, most of the time I did nail them. But looking back on it I feel like a turd.

Sex is just sex. It’s having orgasmic pleasure with someone. And I did live through the 70’s so I am familiar with free love, and I encourage it. My problem is with the promise, and the honesty.

And yes, some forms of relationships do carry a promise even if it is not technically verbalized. These include being married, engaged, living with someone or being in an exclusive relationship. So even if you haven’t technically exchanged the promise, the arrangement in fact carries a promise.

Ok, I’m stepping down off of my soapbox now.

No comments:

Post a Comment