Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My Journal #233 - Happy Birthday America

Happy 4th of July . . . . well tomorrow. Heck, there are so many fireworks outside my window tonight you would think that today is the 4th.

The sad part is that on this 4th of July, where we all celebrate not only our Declaration of Independence but the greatness of our country as well, I am so disappointed in my country. This country has always been a group of fighters. We fight for freedom. Sometimes we’ve sort of fallen asleep, but when the shit begins to hit the fan America has always woke and showed our national spirit and might.

But this year I fear that no one is noticing the direction of this great country. I always believe that the concept was to first realize as an American that we have an obligation to be the best we can be. Once we did that, then and only then do we have certain rights. Somewhere along the trail people put rights with no obligations. That is a recipe for disaster.

Case in point – America today.

Anyway, celebrate your country tomorrow in spite of my negativity. I will.

But after the celebration I will simply be a very proud TEXAN.

Oh, the dream wish from last night didn’t come true. You can ask me individually if you want details.

By the way, that shrink I mentioned also knows about all of you. I guess it’s part of the program. So he asks how having each of you in my life affects me. He even suggested having a group session some day . . . . OMG!

I can’t imagine Eves, Kat, HMPOA, Banana Rama, Martel and Moonlight in the same room together. I’ve made it out of some seriously difficult situations in my life, but I worry that I wouldn’t make it out of that room in one piece. You are some tough chicks.

I topped 2,000 page views this week. So do me a favor. If your reading this blog leave me a comment. I’d like to meet my new followers.

As for my vacation, I walked outside this morning to find my tire had been slashed, and the culprit left me a note written on the side of my car. I’m sure it was designed to lead me to one person, but I was brilliant enough to figure out the defects and realize who actually did it. I spent hours driving around Houston looking for a used tire to match the set I had on my car.

I did run a 10K this afternoon. I simply had an urge to run. I know, it’s weird. But I did it in 52 minutes so I felt sort of good. Then I got drunk . . . . again.

Again, enjoy your holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment