Monday, July 30, 2012

My Journal #254 - Round-about

Ok, it’s going to be a round-about way of getting there but hopefully it will be worth the wait.

[MAYBE?]

My brother and I played golf together a few years ago. We were paired with two other guys who had more golf experience than we did. We weren’t bad; we were just a bit unconventional for golf. Both my brother and I have big arms, big shoulders and a broad chest. The typical golfer is long and lanky, and that we were not.

We played well, but at one point one of the other guys made a comment that my brother and I just weren’t built for golf. He was right, but my brother took it personally.

“The day they don’t let you stand there all day to hit the ball is the day we will be champions. Try hitting your damn golf ball while I’m blitzing you!”

I guess I’ve always been more of a contact person. In sports I excelled at football. I sucked at basketball because I always fouled out. But it isn’t only sports where I like contact. I prefer face to face conversations. I can read the face of my listener, and I can motivate them with a well-timed pat on the hand or a brush of the thigh.

I‘m damn good at playing chess because it’s a thinking man’s game. You see I can do the mental shit as well. But I prefer checkers because you don’t think about the next three moves. You just jump in, see where you are, and then jump again. That’s my style.

Attack!

So I’m an aggressive, contact loving, jumping lunatic; EXCEPT when I play Dominoes. When I play Dominoes I drink. You would think that drinking would lead me to my typical mannerisms. But when I drink I become even more cerebral. I play Dominoes with five other folks. I can look at my tiles, look at what’s showing on the table, watch what you don’t and do play, and I can figure what tiles you have in your hand.

Then I can set you up for failure by playing tiles that force you to play tiles you don’t want to play yet. People always say I’m peeking at their tiles, but I’m not. I love planning out my next few moves, how I will set someone up, and then seeing it all happen.

[Hmmm, wonder why I dislike chess after all]

Anyway, it’s the only “game” I enjoy. Maybe it’s because I can SLAM tiles down and be the aggressive me while I’m mapping out my next three moves.

Ok, now to the point. I haven’t been aggressive lately. I’ve been mental and confused. So I’ve been trying to find myself again. Am I the golfer? Am I the football star? Am I chess or checkers? Or am I Dominoes?

Sounds crazy, right?

So I also never eat Chinese Food (long story). But tonight I actually had a craving for something sweet. All I found was a fortune cookie, so I ate it. But there was a piece of paper in it. That was when I got why they call them FORTUNE cookies. Here is my first fortune ever . . . .

“Fight for her. You will come out on top!”

[Did half of you cringe?]

Ok, so I know it’s been a very round-about journey. But maybe that stupid fortune cookie was talking to me. And for what it’s worth, I feel like the aggressive prick that I really am again!

Goodnight girls, I’ve got to map out my “fight strategy”.

No comments:

Post a Comment