Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Journal #242 - When life gives you Lemons . . .

Yup, another weekend down the drain.

I got to drive home in a flood Friday, after picking up my mom-in-law. I did play Dominos Friday night, and that was cool. Saturday I did my typical yard work and then watched it rain more. I had bought tickets to a dinner theater, but the only person I asked said they wouldn’t go. So I pissed those away while drinking bourbon and hanging out on the porch watching it rain more.

And guess what? It rained Sunday. Well at least until about 2 pm. I just fixed crap and then worked out a bit. All in all, it was sort of boring. As I write to you, I am watching the weather forecast. Yup, it’s going to rain tomorrow.

The good news is I got to have one of my all night chats with Martel Saturday night. Gosh I needed that. We talked about her, so I didn’t have to think about me. That was nice.

THANKS MARTEL!

I’m sort of in a bad place now though. I did something nice for someone recently. I really didn’t expect a thank you, but I did expect my act to be acknowledged. That really bugged me. But I guess that deep down I should have expected no response.

[Isn’t it a shame when you get used to being let down?]

Anyway, it’s late and I just wanted to give ya’ll a quick update. I’ll have better topics next week. I think I’m going to go bake a cake now.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment