Monday, September 3, 2012

My Journal #282 - Happy Labor Day 2012

Happy Labor Day!

The Annual Labor Day Pool Party was a blast. Unfortunately for me after being up at 4 am, cooking over a smoker for 14 hours while drinking lord knows how many bottles of beer, I was no good by 10 pm last night. But it was fun while it lasted.

Sasha Lucille did let me know that she was coming, but early in the day she told me her little girl was ill, so she didn’t make it. But the friend that had “rail-roaded” me a few days ago did drop by. (Argh!) I basically ignored her and she left after she ate. Trust me, I can be a prick when I want to be.

Martel didn’t make it, but we talked all night. Thanks for that sweetie, it was a tough day for me.

And as of midnight tonight my vacation is over. My goal was to visit my old friends graveside in the hills just outside a small town south of Mexico City. I did that. I was hoping he could get me a message about some challenges I was facing, and maybe he did via my email from other friends.

So I did speak my mind to the person that has me perplexed. I got no response, but to be honest I hadn’t anticipated one. Whatever she has going on is far more important than me and my challenges. But I did get my concerns off of my chest. And by her ignoring me again it let me know that she really doesn’t want me in her life or care if she ever hears from me again.

So be it. I gave her the option and she made a choice.

I had several small tasks to accomplish and I did finish all of them. And my Alma Mater beat the crap out of a local college. Based on that I am doing a road trip next weekend to SM. Hey, it’s football season. So I will tailgate there and watch a great game of football. And maybe make some new friends. That’s how I met the great ladies before and we remained friends for years.

So, enjoy your day and be safe.

I’m going to take a nap . . . . whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment