Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My Journal #310 - Sleeping (2) et al . . .

How was my night last night you ask?

It was a different night but with similar results. I had a dream where I had to watch my mom die. Urgh! Now do you understand why I don’t sleep?

Let’s change topics.

I mentioned before that I met a cute ex-cheerleader last weekend while tailgating. I also mentioned that I met a nice teacher on CL. Well thanks to Banana Rama’s advice I’ve also met two nice ladies on a dating site.

I wanted to forget last weekend, and all the bullshit associated with it. I hate what happened, and I hate that I allowed it to happen. And I don’t mean the events, I mean my reactions. I am so thankful that only that shrink read about it. I either need to fix my problem or I do need to avoid those that are constantly pushing my buttons.

I find it odd that I was hunted by some of the deadliest soldiers in the world and I didn’t let it phase me. I remembered who I was and what I was and I kept moving. Yet one blonde can get under my skin and make me nuts with on simple text message.

I definitely wanted to have an action packed, fun, and eventful weekend this coming weekend. No stress, no problems, and no drama. So I asked someone out for Saturday night. Two days later they said no. So my thought really is, “No problem, it’s your loss.”

So I asked one of the dating site ladies, and without any delay she agreed. There is one challenge though. She lives in the Woodlands. Actually three of the four ladies live up there. So Friday night I will be in the Woodlands. And she suggested this Mexican Restaurant, which is the problem.

Been there before with someone else!

[Seriously!]

I am trying to quietly move then venue somewhere else. I can’t concentrate on this lady while I am sitting in a place where I have been with someone else recently. But even if we do end up at that same place, I will fix my mind like I used to do when I was overseas. I will not compare the two nights or the two ladies.

About an hour later I heard from the lady I met tailgating. We talked on the phone for about 40 minutes. She is nice, but we’ve only been around each other while drunk. So we sort of need to connect again. That was when she asked me about the girl that came up to me at the game.

[Seriously????]

This is very frustrating!

Apparently the friend I saw at the game bothers this lady. Well, if she can get past this, we have decided to meet up and watch some college football Saturday. And then the third lady sent me an email saying she would like to meet up.

So I’m 3 for 3 with these ladies and 0 for 1 with friends. But . . . . I still got it!

Well, it’s time to take my sleeping aid again and enjoy my beautiful dreams of butterflies and sunsets.

Riiiiiiight!

I hope you at least have a nice night!

No comments:

Post a Comment