Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Journal #330 - Groups and things

I am really trying to get all this new technology shit. It’s funny to me that I used to be the guy on the front edge of technology. Now I’m a lap behind.

Anyway, I learned about GROUPS a while ago. A group to me is where you decide you have a bunch of friend that you want to send jokes to, so you put all their names in a group. Well this group shit bit me in the ass twice this week.

First at work I set up groups. I set up a group for the sales reps, a group for the management, a group for the employees at each location and so on. I send emails daily. And this week I did the same. The only problem is that I don’t pay attention to who is in the group; so all my emails included a poor soul that died this week. It wasn’t until Friday before someone told me my error.

That shouldn’t have happened.

The second fuck up was on my phone. I have a group of people that I text during my Texan’s games. Again, I don’t check it often enough. So I am excited because my boys are winning and I am texting like crazy. Then I get a text from Sunshine and she is pissed because I have included her in my text messages.

Oh shit!

Well at least that prompted a conversation. By the way, she hates me.

So much for this group shit.

I had to break my promise to Martel today as well (Sorry baby). My kid and his friends joined me at the game. We had a great time. After the game I am cooking for about 12 people and I notice that on of my son’s friends has wandered to another area. He’s a good kid, an Engineer I think. Anyway he is having a conversation with three men. And I tend to notice body language and shit. The body language of all three looked stressed.

So I wandered towards them. As I got close, the largest man grabbed my son’s friend by the shirt. Folks, people can fuck with anyone they want, but when you are with me I won’t tolerate abusive behavior. The good news is that once the biggest guy hit the ground the other two backed off. His friends did come by later to inform me he was going to the hospital with a broken nose and jaw.
Sorry, don’t fuck with my people.

I got a text from the wild ass county chick today. She again said she knows I am interested in someone else, but she asked if I wanted to just have “dates” with her.

Geez, I don’t get this younger generation. Do no guys today know how to please a woman? If they do then why do ALL women want a repeat performance with me?

Finally, my Texan’s won! Whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment