Saturday, October 27, 2012

My Journal #342 - My Freakin' Past

I guess my past is catching up to me.

I was with Cowgirl last night and it seemed like we were having fun. Then a girlfriend of hers showed up. Her body language was off, and then I noticed that Cowgirl’s was different as well. We had discussed going to a concert after our drinks, but she didn’t mention it last night. So when she had to leave for the concert I just said good bye.

I sent my usual “thank you for the date” text. 30 minutes later she hadn’t replied. I then sent her a text asking if I could see her again. She didn’t reply. At that point I figured that I must have done something wrong. But I stopped trying to communicate.

She called me this morning. Her ex is a cop. After she met me Thursday she asked him to run a criminal background check on me. Since he did it through a government channel he got the warning that pops up on me. He told her that the warning means I am a drug dealer or under suspicion for something.

That’s not true, but why would she doubt him. So she asked me about it. I told her it was something from my past but that I wasn’t a criminal or anything. She wanted to know what I did and why this “tag” is on my record. I don’t know her well enough to discuss all that. I tried to explain that it was personal, blah, blah blah; but she was worried.

She has a daughter and she didn’t want a potential bad man around her and her kid. I wasn’t willing to explain and I wasn’t going to make up a lie.

The girlfriend was there because she was afraid to be alone with me.

Bottom line . . . . we aren’t dating anymore.

If you’re keeping score . . .

I lost Mustang because I made a bad choice a few Sunday’s ago.

I lost Cowgirl because I was forced to make a bad choice many years ago.

Oh well . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment