Wednesday, October 31, 2012

My Journal #347 - Dating Site Humor!

I am on three dating sites. One I pay for and two are free. What I have found is that writing the “About Me” section is the hardest. You have two options on how to prepare your bio.
 
Option #1 is to try to sell you. In this case you don’t necessarily tell the truth about yourself you tend to say things that you believe will attract the opposite sex. You use all the current “hip” buzz words and pass yourself off as wild and adventurous. You will get a lot of replies using this method, but the quality won’t be to your liking. And even if you do find one you life, since you wrote a bio about someone else then once they meet you they will be disappointed.
 
Option #2 is to tell the truth about you. In this case you put it all out there including the dull and mundane stuff. If you like watching movies on a Friday night then admit it. You use YOUR words, not the generally accepted buzz words. You will get fewer replies using this option, but each reply will be suited for you. And since you told the truth you can be yourself and they won’t be disappointed.
 
The reason I share this is because on one of my sites it recommended someone I already knew. The page said we would be compatible. I found it funny that a computer program recommended her since we did see each other and now she avoids me like the plague. But I did read her bio to see how she presented herself.
 
[Yup, it was Sunshine with which I was matched]
 
What she wrote about herself could be true. I mean she has spoken to me about all the things she claims to enjoy. But when she told me these things her body language was that of concern. Basically I believe she was making it up. The bio does fit one of her personalities, the one that takes over regularly. But the main personality isn’t the person that she projected.
 
I know it sounds odd for me to believe I know more about her than she does. But usually friends know more about any friend than the person knows about themselves. It’s true. Very few people can look in the mirror and see themselves. They tend to see the person they want to be or think that they are. But seldom do they see WHO they really are.
 
The second thing that I found odd was that she commented that she is seriously looking for a relationship.
 
[Hmmmm]
 
When we stopped seeing each other the main reason was that she swore to me that she doesn’t do and never will do relationships. That alone wasn’t a death nail though. What was the “end all” was when I questioned if she didn’t do relationships at all or didn’t do relationships with me. She insisted that she doesn’t do relationships with anyone.
 
So either I was right before or she is leading a lot of probably decent guys to the slaughter . . . . like she did to me.
 
Oh well, in my experience my way works perfect. I’ve been on about 7 computer site dates. Every girl was what they purported to be, and I was exactly what I said I was. Every girl I’ve asked out has said yes, and every girl I’ve seen has wanted to go out again. I have been with three multiple times, and hopefully I am back on track with Mustang.
 
So, to any of you using dating sites; if you fib then you will fail.
 
[And I ask the question again, if every other woman in the world finds me irresistible; and now computer programs even show we are compatible; then WTF is wrong with her?]

No comments:

Post a Comment