Monday, October 22, 2012

My Journal #331 - The night of Arrows

If you were paying attention there was a meteor shower Saturday night. It comes around every October and lights up the sky. The Cherokee called it the night of arrows. The meteors were considered to be flaming arrows flung by their ancestors. It let the Cherokee know that their ancestors were well and it gave them the chance to take their Vision Quest and speak to them while they were closer than at any other time. It was also the end of tribal testing and the one night a year that a non-Cherokee could be made a Cherokee in spirit. A Cherokee could only do this to one person and once a lifetime.

[Yup, I pissed my chance away a couple of years ago]

So . . . .

Saturday night I had dinner with my son. Then I returned to the house to listen to some Miles Davis and sip on some whiskey. I took a Vision Quest that night as well. I do that about twice a year, but I haven’t done it in a while now. In a properly performed Vision Quest I get to see my grandfather and speak to him. Often there are other spirits there as well. Such was the case Saturday night.

I was given the same message I have been given for years now. The message was that I needed to protect someone. I know who because I’ve been told. The other spirits were the ancestors of that person, also begging me to protect that person. But here is the shit. The person I am supposed to be there for doesn’t want or need my help. I’ve actually given up on trying, and I guess that this could be sensed.

After every previous Vision Quest I’ve taken I come out of it feeling renewed and vibrant. I feel like I know my purpose again, and I move forward with my life accordingly. But this time I came out of it feeling like I was destined to fail.

Sunday fate interceded and brought me back into contact with that person. It was a bad conversation. But it sort of told me that I shouldn’t give up. So I tried again. I got the same shitty results.

I’m going for a run now. Yup, I’ve already finished all my projects for today. I will run until exhausted, and then I will sit down and decide once and for all my course.

I’m sharing this with you because it’s a topic that embarrasses me and one that I won’t mention again. But at least you know I don’t quit easily.

And who knows, maybe I’ll get another sign.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment